Monday, August 9, 2010

God can use ME!

Last week, I had the awesome opportunity to go to Olive's Kid Camp "Mythbusters" in Marianna for the week. We left Monday morning and returned Friday afternoon. I must admit that at first I was a little apprehensive to go, because I had never gone to anything like this in my life. I knew that no matter if I had been before or not, the Lord had great plans, and I was ready to see what was in store for all of us.


The theme of this year's Kid's Camp was "Mythbusters" where we would "bust" common myths about our faith. We were given a pamphlet with daily devotions when we arrived, that had a daily myth to be "busted".


Friday's devotion was one of my favorites. It was in reference to 2 Timothy 2:21 "Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work." The myth to be "busted" here was that "God is too critical to use me".


The lesson I learned from this is that even though I may say the wrong things and do the wrong things, God can still use me so long as I cleanse myself daily. Daily I must remember to pray, confess my sins, read His word, repent, etc. so that I can be a vessel used by Our Heavenly Father. I am not perfect and for that matter, no one but God is perfect. I am so glad that I was there to learn this lesson, it couldn't have been a better time to learn it...


No comments:

Post a Comment